The Progressive Atheists Inc. now has a members library.
If you are a member and would like to borrow a book please contact the Librarian at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to become a member in order to use the library please email your request to our Membership Officer: email@example.com
We are currently seeking donations:
If you have books you would like to donate to our new library, or to find out a bit more, please contact us on – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Life On Earth||Attenborough, David|
|The Australian Book of Atheism||Bonnett, Warren (Editor)|
|Climbing Mount Improbable||Dawkins, Richard|
|The God delusion||Dawkins, Richard|
|The Magic of Reality: How We Know What’s Really True||Dawkins, Richard|
|Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon.||Dennett, Daniel C.|
|Darwin’s Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life||Dennett, Daniel C.|
|Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies||Diamond, Jared|
|The Rise and Fall of the Third Chimpanzee: How Our Animal Heritage Affects the Way We Live||Diamond, Jared|
|Attack of the Theocrats!: How the Religious Right Harms Us All.||Faircloth, Sean|
|Sophie’s World: A Novel About the History of Philosophy||Gaarder, Jostein|
|Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That’s Conspiring to Islamize America||Gaubatz, David et al|
|The Caged Virgin: An Emancipation Proclamation for Women and Islam||Hirsi Ali, Ayaan|
|Letters to a Young Contrarian||Hitchens, Christopher|
|The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa In Theory And Practice||Hitchens, Christopher|
|The Poisonwood Bible||Kinsolver, Barbara|
|50 Shades of Grey Matter||Kruszelnicki, Dr Karl|
|Bigger or Better? Australia’s Population Debate||Lowe, Ian|
|The Cambridge Companion to Atheism||Martin, Michael|
|The Marcos File: Was He a Philippine Hero or Corrupt Tyrant?||McDougald, Charles|
|Animal Farm||Orwell, George|
|Why Men Don’t Listen & Women Can’t Read Maps||Pease, Allen & Barbara|
|Islam, Arrogance and Delusion: A reply to people like Waleed Aly||Perkins, John|
|The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined||Pinker, Steven|
|Women Working together: Suffrage & Onwards||Robertson, Geraldine|
|Madlands: Journey to Change the Mind of a Climate Sceptic||Rose, Anna|
|The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark||Sagan, Carl|
|The Young Atheist’s Handbook: Lessons for Living a Good Life Without God||Shaha, Alom|
|The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies – How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths||Shermer, Michael|
|How Are We to Live?: Ethics in an age of self-interest||Singer, Peter|
|The Purple Economy: Supernatural Charities, Tax And The State||Wallace, Max|
|Crimes Against Logic: Exposing the Bogus Arguments of Politicians, Priests, Journalists, and Other Serial Offenders.||Whyte, Jamie|
|The Bible||R. Text|
|The Quran||R. Text|
|Bhagavad Gita As It Is||R. Text|
Books on parenting and books for kids – none yet available to borrow from our library but the following publications come on recommendation from Warren Bonnet and are available from Embiggen Books.
- Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion. Dale McGowan. Publ. MW&R (also see great YouTube clip under this title)
- Raising Freethinkers: A Practical Guide for Parenting Beyond Belief. Dale McGowan. Publ. MW&R
- Really, Really Big Questions About Faith. Julian Baggini. Publ. Kingfisher. 8 – 14 yrs.
- Humanism,What’s That?: A Book for Curious Kids. Helen Bennett. Publ. Prometheus Books. 11 yrs >
- Big Questions from Little People: and Simple Answers from Great Minds. Gemma Elwyn Harris, Edit. Publ. Faber & faber. 8 – 12 yrs.
- Giant Evolution Timeline: Book Playmat. Charlie’s Playhouse. “Enormously enjoyed by young children.”
- Maybe Right, Maybe Wrong. Dan Barker.
- Maybe Yes, Maybe No. Dan Barker.
- Just Pretend: A Free Thought Book for Children. Dan Barker.
- Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be. Daniel Loxton.
- Our family Tree: An evolution Story. Lis Westberg Peters.
- What Darwin Saw: The Journey that Changed the World. Rosalyn Schanzer.
- The Magic of Reality: How We Know What’s Really True. Richard Dawkins. “Great for teens, beautifully illustrated. Insightful & factual explanations of myths.”
- Awkward Moments Children’s Bible.Vol.1. Horus Gilgamesh. “Not suitable for young children. Bible stories beautifully but sometimes horrifically brought to life.”
We look forward to hearing from you!
DISCLAIMER: The books held in this library, or recommended, do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of P.A.